Cloud Lettings Tenancy Fees Information
Residential Lettings Application Fees
Our residential application fee is £125.00 per applicant including VAT aged over 18.This fee covers the cost of the referencing process and will be taken when you submit your application. Should referencing fail due to false information being provided on your application, this fee is non-refundable.
A check-in fee of £95.00 per property including VAT is payable on the first day of the tenancy.This includes the inventory of the property and taking meter readings for utility providers.
Pet Deposit to cover the added risk of property damage £200.00. This will be protected with your deposit in a Government-authorised scheme and may be returned at the end of your tenancy.
There are no application fees for student or professional house share applicants.
Charges during your tenancy
Tenancy Agreement Name Changes
Where a tenant requests to swap a named tenant with a new tenant to relinquish themselves from the tenancy agreement or wishes to add a new tenant into the agreement a fee of £50.00 including VAT for the addition or change of name will be incurred by the named tenant. New applicants will be subject to referencing, approval from the Landlord and other named tenants in the agreement. Such consent will not be unreasonably withheld.
Unpaid Rent may result in interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate being charged from the due date.
Contractor Out of Hours Charges (weekdays 5pm – 9am, weekends & Bank Holidays)
Where the tenant breaches the tenancy agreement and/or the malicious or accidental actions of the tenant results in a contractor attending out of hours you will be charged to remedy the situation. Payment is due to the contractor. Please note no additional costs or commission is charged on top of the contractor invoice by Cloud Lettings.
- £40.00 for a lock out where you can be let back in with management keys. You will be responsible for cutting a new set of keys if required. (Where we hold a management set of keys and you can wait until the next working day you can borrow a spare key from the office for free. If we do not hold management keys you will be charged for the cost of the lock change as noted below.)
- £75.00 for a lock change. Where the lost keys result in the locks being changed for tenant’s security. Three keys will be supplied with each lock. Additional keys are charged at £3 per key.
- £90.00 including VAT for an electrical emergency.
- £90.00 including VAT to attend and turn the water off for a serious water leak.
- From £132.00 including VAT dependent on glass size to board a window or door with broken glass. (Additional charges will be quoted separately to replace the glass)
Where the cost of works required are not stated above you will be provided with the invoice from the contractor to recover the full cost.
Charges for damage to the property.
If you cause any damage beyond fair wear and tear either maliciously or by accident you will be responsible of the cost to the contractor to attend and remedy the situation.
Payment is due to the contractor. It can be paid directly to the contractor or via Cloud Lettings. Please note no additional costs or commission is charged on top of the contractor invoice by Cloud Lettings.
Unblock drain or toilet jammed with tenant waste - £42.00 including VAT
Electrician Labor – from £42.00 including VAT parts charged separately
General Repairs – from £27.60 including VAT parts charged separately
Changing a light bulb or alarm battery £15 including VAT. Tenant must supply bulb or battery or the cost of the item will be charged on top of the labor.
Professional cleaning (if required) is charged at £15.00 including VAT per hour. This will only be charged where professional cleaning is required to return the property to the same condition as the start of the tenancy.
Repair broken bed slat - £35.00 including VAT
Contribution per burn to carpet or worktop where the damage does not require replacement- £25.00
Rubbish Removal – including VAT
- £10 per bin bag
- £50 per shopping trolley
- £20 per TV or monitors
- £20 per road signs/cones
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning – including VAT
- Small Room - £30.00
- Large Room - £48.00
- Halls, stairs landing - £54.00
- Dining or computer chair - £12.00
- Two Seater sofa - £36.00
- Three Seater Sofa - £48.00
- Clean stained mattress - £18.00
- Chewing Gum - £30.00
Replace damaged furniture that cannot be repaired.The price shown is the maximum price as the cost will vary depending on the age of the items. – including VAT
- Queen or Double mattress –£132.00
- Queen or Double bed frame –£149.00
- Two seater sofa - £220.00
- Three seater sofa – 240.00
- Computer Chair - £35.00
Decoration – including VAT
- Paint one wall - £30.00
- Paint all walls in per room - £84.00
- Paint walls and ceiling per room - £120.00
- Paint Ceiling - £30.00
The list is not exhaustive as it is not possible to cover every scenario of damage. Where the cost of works required are not stated above you will be provided with the invoice from the contractor to recover the full cost. Payment is due to the contractor. It can be paid directly to the contractor or via Cloud Lettings. Please note no additional costs or commission is charged on top of the contractor invoice by Cloud Lettings.
If you have any questions on our fees, please ask a member of staff.