Where will my property be advertised?

We make sure you get the right coverage in the right places to maximise your chances of renting your property quickly and to the right tenants. As well as on our own website, you’ll be listed on Rightmove to increase your property's visibility to potential tenants.

Where can I find out how much Council Tax I need to pay?

Students studying a full-time course with at least 21 hours of study in term time per week attending 24 weeks usually qualify for Council Tax exemption. 

If you do not qualify for an exemption first you need to know the Council Tax band. To find it click here. If you are liable for Council Tax and moving into a shared house with 3+ bedrooms, Council Tax will be charged by Cloud Lettings on behalf of your landlord using the banding provided by City of Lincoln Council. 

Once you have the Council Tax band you will need to look up the charge with the local authority;

City of Lincoln Council

East Lindsey Council 

North Kesteven District Council 

West Lindsey Council 

What's the difference between a single and double room?

A single room is a room with enough space for a single bed, with a single bed. However, a double room does not necessarily mean there is a double bed in the room, although it does mean it is big enough for one. If its important for you to have a double bed you should clarify before signing your agreement whether a double room actually has a double bed in.

What utilities are included with my rent?

All our student properties are inclusive of utilities – water, gas, electric, TV license and internet, subject to a fair usage policy. 

Sensible usage is expected, which means the water, gas and electric is capped on a per unit basis depending on the number of tenants. All the details will be in your Tenancy Agreement. Or view your allowance here.

The allowance of units is spread across the tenancy term, as your usage will fluctuate depending on the time of the year so it wouldn’t be fair to limit you to so many units a month. We know the unit-based system is the fairest way to have a utility cap as any cap based on monetary value is subject to change with little notice and may leave you with big financial implications that you weren’t expecting. The allowance is not there to trick you or set you up to fail; if you are sensible and conscious of your usage you should have no problem staying within the allowance.

What items are included in a student property?

They will usually include:

  • Fridge Freezer
  • Washing machine
  • Microwave
  • Oven and hob
  • Hoover
  • Sofa's
  • TV 
  • Bed & Mattress 
  • Wardrobe 
  • Drawers

What is a guarantor responsible for?

A guarantor is responsible for their dependent adhering to the terms of the tenancy agreement. If you are on a joint agreement ordinarily each person will have their own guarantor and most commonly the guarantor agreement will be for an equal share of the rent.

What happens when it's time to move in?

We’ll compile the inventory prior to your move in date for you to sign. When its nearly time to move in, we will contact you tell you where and when you can collect your keys and other actions due. Keys are usually collected from our office. The Cloud office is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm excluding bank holidays. We are closed at the weekend. You don’t have to collect your keys on the tenancy start date, you can collect them anytime when the office is open following your email confirmation of key collection.

What happens when it’s time to move in?

The property will be ready for you to move into on the tenancy start date. The keys will be available for you to collect from the office. You’ll receive an inventory of what’s in the house, and we’ll email you a welcome pack with all the information you need. 

Tenancy Deposit Scheme Logo The Property Ombudsman Logo City of Lincoln Council Trusted Landlord Scheme Logo TSI Approved Code Logo Arla Propertymark Logo Cyber Essentials Logo