Where will my property be advertised?

We make sure you get the right coverage in the right places to maximise your chances of renting your property quickly and to the right tenants. As well as on our own website, you’ll be listed on Rightmove and all student accommodation is listed on the appropriate student accommodation websites.

What do I need to consider before letting my property?

  • By law a valid gas safety certificate and electrical installation certificate must be in place before any tenants move in and must be renewed annually or as detailed on the certificate. We can arrange this for you and ensure it is kept up to date. 
  • As a minimum you will need have a fire alarm on each floor and CO alarm in any room which contains a fixed combustion appliance (excluding gas cookers). It is essential for tenant safety and a lawful requirement. 
  • You will need to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) avaibale with any advert when you market the property.
  • You should have the appropriate buildings insurance and contents insurance for anything included in the rental agreement, while your tenant is responsible for insuring their own items. As part of our service, we’ll draw up an inventory to establish what is already in the property when they move in.
  • A residential property can be rented out fully or part furnished or unfurnished.
  • If you’re planning to rent your property to students, you’ll need to be part of the university’s accreditation scheme, which means certain criteria will apply. The property will need to be inclusive of utilities; water, gas, electric, TV license, internet (subject to a fair usage policy) and fully furnished. If your property is to be occupied by 3 or more unrelated residents you will need to have planning permission from the Council, also know as C4 use. If your property has 5 or more residents you will also need to have a HMO License from the Council. 
  • Your tenant will pay council tax during their tenancy, but when the property is empty this is down to you. However students are exempt from paying Council Tax. As a benefit of our fully managed student service we will arrange the council tax exemption for you, which will be valid for the duration of their tenancy.

Please get in touch and we can give you all the advice you need. 

How do I get started with a Property Valuation?

If you’d like to work with us we’d love to talk about the best ways to do this. We can value your property, assess your likely rent and take photographs for marketing purposes. Just get in touch to get the ball rolling

How do I become a landlord?

If you’re not already a landlord but would like to rent out your property, please talk to us in the first instance and we can give you plenty of advice about how lettable your property is, who your likely tenants are and what kind of rent you can expect, as well as give you all the information you need about regulations and legislation

Tenancy Deposit Scheme Logo The Property Ombudsman Logo City of Lincoln Council Trusted Landlord Scheme Logo TSI Approved Code Logo Arla Propertymark Logo Cyber Essentials Logo