Where can I find out how much Council Tax I need to pay?

Students studying a full-time course with at least 21 hours of study in term time per week attending 24 weeks usually qualify for Council Tax exemption. 

If you do not qualify for an exemption first you need to know the Council Tax band. To find it click here. If you are liable for Council Tax and moving into a shared house with 3+ bedrooms, Council Tax will be charged by Cloud Lettings on behalf of your landlord using the banding provided by City of Lincoln Council. 

Once you have the Council Tax band you will need to look up the charge with the local authority;

City of Lincoln Council

East Lindsey Council 

North Kesteven District Council 

West Lindsey Council 

What is a guarantor responsible for?

A guarantor is responsible for their dependent adhering to the terms of the tenancy agreement. If you are on a joint agreement ordinarily each person will have their own guarantor and most commonly the guarantor agreement will be for an equal share of the rent.

The Landlord will insure the structure of the building and the contents detailed on the inventory. 

We recommend you have insurance up to £2,500 for accidental damage to the Landlord's belongings. 

If you're a student it’s worth checking your parent/guardians' home insurance policy to see if this covers dependents studying away from home.

Let us know if you need any further advice.  

Tenancy Deposit Scheme Logo The Property Ombudsman Logo City of Lincoln Council Trusted Landlord Scheme Logo TSI Approved Code Logo Arla Propertymark Logo Cyber Essentials Logo