If everyone is going home for few days or more it is important the last person to leave completes the below checklist;
- ADJUST YOUR THERMOSTAT! Turn your thermostat off timer and set it to on, but be sure to adjust the thermostat temperature to 12 degrees to prevent frost and burst pipes. (this will save your utility allowance)
- If you don’t have a thermostat turn the radiator control valves down to the lowest setting and leave the heating on.
- Turn your hot water temperature down to the lowest setting (but not off)
- If you cannot do any of the above, contact the office for advice.
- Empty your fridge of food that will go off while your away
- Unplug appliances from the socket.
- Ensure all rubbish is in the bin ready for collection. Ask your neighbours if they will take the bins out for you.
- Any rubbish and food waste that doesn’t fit in the bin must be taken to the local tip or back home with you for disposal. You will come home to unwanted pests if rubbish is left out.
- FINALLY Close and lock all windows and doors.