Advice for Residential Renters

Book a viewing or need advice?
07908 557770

Advice for residential renters on viewing a property, paying deposits and rent, moving in and their responsibilities.

From first viewing to moving in… we’re here for you. When you're looking for a new place, it can sometimes be difficult to know where to start. We can help you at every step of the way, helping you find just the right place and making sure the whole process runs smoothly, quickly and efficiently. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions, but we're always here if there's anything else you'd like to know. 


Can you help me find a property to match my criteria?

Two bedrooms, semi detached, family home, big garden… whatever your specifications, we want to help you find the perfect place. So when you let us know what you’re looking for, we can tell you straight away when the ideal property becomes available.

How do I arrange a viewing?

We’ll arrange for you to visit the property for a viewing at your convenience, and will accompany you on your visit.

How do I make an application?

Love the place? Great. Now it’s time to make your application. As we’re paperless at Cloud, we’ll send you a link so you can complete your form online.

For more details see our Tenancy Fee's Information. 

Where can I find out how much Council Tax I need to pay?

First you need to know the Council Tax band. To find it click here.   

Once you have the Council Tax band you will need to look up the charge with the local authority;

City of Lincoln Council

East Lindsey Council 

North Kesteven District Council 

West Lindsey Council 

Do I need to apply for references from my current Landlord or employer?

No, we can do this for you. We’ll contact your current landlord and employer, as well as carrying out all the necessary credit checks.

How do I pay my deposit and rent?

You’ll need to pay a deposit to on the tenancy start date.  The deposit is usually equivalent to a months rent, but will agreed when you apply for the property. 

Your deposit is held in a government approved deposit scheme 'Tenancy Deposit Scheme'. For more information click here

Rent is paid monthly by standing order, and you’ll need to pay a month’s rent at the start of your tenancy.

What happens when it's time to move in?

We’ll compile the inventory prior to your move in date for you to sign and then return any comments to use via InventoryHive.

For more details see our Tenancy Fee's Information

How do I find out who the utility providers are?

To find your electric provider click here then go to 'Who is my supplier'.

You can find out your gas supplier by calling the Meter Point Administration Service on 0870 608 1524. 

Water in the Lincolnshire area is supplied by Anglian Water. For more information on how to set up an account click here.

What do I need insurance for?

The Landlord will insure the structure of the building and the contents detailed on the inventory. 

It is your responsibility to cover your own personal contents and up to £2,500.00 for accidental damage to the Landlord's property e.g.. carpets, kitchen work tops, etc. 

What do I do if I have a maintenance issue?

You can let us know either online here Request a Repair or via your personal contact. Please let us know about any issues straight away so we can get things sorted.

What to do in an emergency?

When the office is closed we operate an emergency out-of-hours call-out service. Please click the link below for the appropriate number to call Out of Hours Support

What do I do if I can smell gas?

If you suspect there is a gas leak in your property or area call the National Gas Emergency Services immediately on 0800 111 999. Then call the Cloud office 01522 802020. 

More information can be found here.

How do I check for an unexpected fault with a utility service?

Click on the fault you are experiencing for more details of what's going on in your area. 

Electric Power Cut


How do I dispose of my household rubbish?

In Lincoln City, household waste goes in the black bin and recycling goes in the brown bin.

Please remember to take your bins out as instructed by the Council. To find your collection dates please click here

If you move in and find you are missing a bin please call the Council for a replacement bin 01522 873 423 or report here

If you find yourself with an excessive amount of rubbish it is easy for you to dispose of it locally. The Household Waste Recycling Centre can be found at Great Northern Terrace, Lincoln, LN5 8HJ

Request a Callback

Contact the agent

Jonna Petersson

Jonna Petersson

Property Manager

Call 07908 528042

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)